The Southgate Medical Group was founded by its physician partners in 2003. The mission of the group is to provide comprehensive adult and family medical care in a setting that promotes the highest levels of quality patient care. To that end, we have incorporated ongoing clinical research and advanced information technology for the efficiency of the practice and the safety and benefit of our patients. In addition, we offer our patients the convenience of an on-site pharmacy and other diagnostic and clinical services as well as the immediate proximity of other healthcare specialty partners.
Multidisciplinary care and a complete range of medical services.
All of your medical information is digitally stored and immediately accessible to our professional staff whenever you or members of your family visit. And because we’re all in one place, our physicians are able to quickly consult with each other about your problem or diagnosis, bringing an enlightened, multidisciplinary approach to your health care.
For the convenience and safety of our patients, Southgate Medical Group partners with a full-service medical pharmacy as well as the following clinical and diagnostic services on site:
- A certified clinical research department to test the safety and effectiveness of new medications
- Bone density testing
- Pulmonary function testing
- Physical therapy
- Clinical pharmacy services, medication therapy management
- Diabetic education
- On-site, point of service INR testing for anticoagulation therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Skin Center for men and women including:
Skin tightening procedures
Permanent hair reduction
Facial and leg spider vein treatment
Acne treatment and scar removal
Chemical peels and microdermabrasion
The Southgate Medical Pharmacy is within the SMG building and a Quest certified laboratory is adjacent to the Southgate Medical Group office.
Southgate Medical Group pays close attention to the preventive health needs of our patients. We are proud that of those patients who were recommended:
- Over 79% have been screened for colon cancer
- Almost 84% had recent mammograms
- Over 87% have been immunized against pneumonia
- Nearly 94% of diabetics are up to date on having their bloodwork done
Our Care Coordinator nurses contacted over 98% of patients after a hospitalization. Studies have shown that close follow up after a hospitalization can prevent future health problems, readmissions and emergency room visits.
Of patients responding to a national survey:
- 94% reported they could get care when needed
- Over 81% would recommend their provider to others
Our On-site Specialty Partners
Southgate Medical Group works closely with several leading specialty practices in Western New York. Whatever your medical need or condition, you can be assured of excellent attention and care at these on-site specialty partners:
- Suburban Medical Imaging of Windsong Radiology
- Amherst/Southgate Ear, Nose, & Throat
- Buffalo Hearing and Speech
- University Orthopaedics
- Wells Gastroenterology